Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Baby Steps

It is 2am and I cannot sleep. I am suffering from horrible stomach cramps, gas and bloating. Why, oh why did I eat that…

Let me backup and explain.

I was wondering how my diet would have to change after having my gallbladder removed. So, I looked at websites like Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. They all said that without a gallbladder, your stomach has a hard time processing foods with high fat content. That means a low-fat diet. And that’s NOT what I wanted to hear.

So, I asked real people who have had their gallbladder removed about their dietary restrictions. Pretty much everyone said that they could eat most anything that they wanted. Now, that’s what I wanted to hear. I decided that I am going with the “word on the street.” What do these medical experts know anyway?!

BIG mistake!!!

At least initially, it is better to ease into the shallow end of the pool rather than jump into the deep end.

Enter the culprit.

Attention baseball fans, now taking the mound is Smokin’ Joe Ice-cream. His stats are off the charts. With an ERA of just under 1.00 he has a fat content of 20 grams. He is unhittable.

My poor little stomach was not ready to face Major League pitching. I need to go back to T-Ball.

Of course, my favorite movie is “What About Bob.” And the theme of that movie is “baby steps.” I definitely need to implement “baby steps” as I learn to adjust to life without a gallbladder.

I appreciate your prayers for learning how to adjust.

Blessings,

Bob

 

No comments:

Post a Comment