Wednesday, April 3, 2019

His timing is perfect!

We have been praying for a missionary in Brazil who has been lost in the Amazon jungle. He has been missing for 10 days. Yesterday one of the search boats had mechanical trouble and the engine died. In the quiet of the jungle they heard someone yelling for help. It was the lost missionary. Had their engine not died, they probably would have just passed him by.

It makes me wonder why God allowed him to get lost in the first place. From our perspective life's circumstances don’t always make sense.

I am reminded of a story about a little city girl who was visiting the country for the first time. She had never seen the night sky away from all the city lights. She was totally in awe of how bright the stars were in the sky. She gasped and said to her mother, “if the stars look this beautiful on the wrong side of the heavens, how much more beautiful will they look on the right side!”

Down here things don’t always appear the way we think that they should. But every now and then we do get a glimpse of His hand working in the events of our lives.

When I look at my clock, I need to realize that things don’t always appear as they really are. Sometimes my clock runs too slow. Sometimes it runs too fast. I need to take time in His Word and get my clock back into sync with His clock because His timing is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment