Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It Should Have Been Me

Previously I wrote about Matt and Craig who were students of mine at the Missionary Training Center. They work with a people group in a remote location in the Asia-Pacific region. After teaching through the chronological Bible lessons with this people group, many placed their faith in Jesus. Here are a few more testimonies of some of the new believers.

Nggoro: “I just can’t stop thinking about this. Jesus died, but that should have been me. I should have died and gone to the place of fire. But Jesus took my sins and died in my place. He paid for them so now I don’t have to. Through the blood of Jesus, I am connected with God!”

Uo — Little Uo is probably one of the youngest ones to believe. Not sure how old he is, but maybe like 7 or 8. He said in his squeaky little voice, “Jesus paid for my sins as he died on that tree. He died in my place and if we believe that, we can be with God. I believe that so now I am connected with God.”

Pelina: “Jesus lived a perfect life when we could not. He lived the perfect life and then died even though he had no sin to pay for. He died in my place and paid for my sins. Because of that I am connected with God!”

Alesina: “For so long, I was trying to be good, to be good for God. Now I have learned that I am a sinner and I can’t be made right with God because he can’t be with sin. Jesus came and died and took my sin debt on himself. He took it all! He is like the shepherd, who is the door of the sheep pen—we can only get in through Him! My heart is so happy, I can now be with Yahweh when I die!”

We have just finished another semester here at the Missionary Training Center. What a privilege it is to have a part in training students like Matt and Craig to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. I really appreciate my partnership team that has had a part in helping to train these men and women how to learn an unwritten language and to plant a church among animistic people groups. God is using the gifts and prayers of His saints to make a difference in the lives of so many people around the world.

Bob

* * *

Who are you depending on?

By C.H. Mackintosh

If we can do nothing, self-confidence is the height of presumption.

If God can do everything, despondency is the height of folly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment